Things happen in life and in our world that can only be explained by the miraculous hand and presence of God. Many in the world think of miracles as some grand large scale event that draws the world’s attention.
I can tell you that often times that isn’t the case. I’ve seen miracles happen in families as the love of God, and the joy of forgiveness flows through people. God often times will use the most unlikeliest of persons to accomplish his will in our lives and in the earth.
Consider the case of David. A young lad who had been anointed the next king of Israel. David was a small man in stature, but one day in faith he stepped onto a battlefield where the trained army of then King Saul wouldn’t venture. He became a tremendous man of faith, and God did the miraculous through him.
- He said to David, “Am I a dog, that you come at me with sticks?” And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. 44 “Come here,” he said, “and I’ll give your flesh to the birds and the wild animals!”
- 45 David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the Lord will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.”
David confronted the giant in Goliath. He took his faith in God to the extreme; with a slingshot and a few stones, David, met his enemy and as Goliath mocked him, David tells Goliath that “today all the earth will know that there is a God in Israel.”
David indeed in faith killed his enemy, and as he said that day they did know that God lives. The people and world didn’t believe in God because of David, but because David accomplished something that only could have been so because of God.
So today, we can take away three things from this lesson:
- We all have our own Goliath’s
- In faith we can face our enemy
- And in faith God will deliver us from them
I don’t know what you’re facing today, but I’m here to say that my God, our God is bigger than any problem that we may face. Many of us live in fear, but let’s take a chance and love on Faith and we too can see the miraculous and indeed many will know that there is a God. Not because of what we have done but because of what God has and will do.
All Rights Reserved